Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why I do what I do

Five Grain Events' first wedding of 2010 was Saturday (more about that soon!) and every time I do a wedding I become more convinced that every bride and groom should at least have a day-of coordinator, if not assistance planning their entire event.  Let a professional wedding coordinator deal with the details, timelines, and snafus so you can completely enjoy your day!

Here's a list of just a few of the reasons hiring a wedding coordinator is a good idea:


1.  We save you time and money
Whether you are a day-of client or Five Grain Events is helping with the full planning process, I'm always happy to give vendor recommendations!  There are a couple reasons for this...number one I want to make sure my clients have the best vendors possible and hopefully I can save them some time in finding those great vendors; and number two it's much easier to work with other vendors whom I know and trust!  If I've worked with a particular photographer or DJ before, I don't have to spend as much time checking and double checking that they are on the ball.  I would never recommend another vendor unless I was certain he or she was one of the best!  Of course, I'm always happy to meet or hear about new vendors who I can recommend in the future.  :)  Most coordinators also encourage our clients to stick within a reasonable budget.  One of my upcoming brides fell in love with a florist who had given her a proposal that came out to more than double her floral budget.  I gave her a list of other florists to check out, and she ended up going with the floral company, Fleur, who was within her budget and who she ended up liking even more!




2.  We know the right questions to ask
Because I've had a major role in planning or coordinating many weddings, I have a leg-up on the average bride or groom doing this for the first time.  I have a standard list of questions I ask all the vendors to make certain we're on the same page.  Often brides have an idea in their head and assume everyone is thinking the same--but that's not always the case!  A few weeks before the wedding on Saturday I was going over the day's schedule with the caterers and it turned out the caterer assumed they would be able to set up for the reception the day before the event and that the guests would be seated at their tables for the ceremony.  Could you imagine how the bride would have felt if she'd shown up to walk down the aisle and...there was no aisle??  We got it all cleared up in plenty of time, but had I not clarified that with the caterers there could have been a MESS on the day of the wedding.



3.  We make it easy on you and your family
Although not always the case, most often the immediate families of the bride and groom (mainly the parents) take on a major role in wedding plans.  Making sure that everyone involved is notified when every small change happens leading up to the wedding can be challenging to say the least: the photographer is showing up a half hour later, the gift table has been moved to the other side of the room, Cousin Dave is now bringing his new girlfriend, etc.  If the bride or groom is the only person who has this knowledge, who is going to communicate it to all the vendors who need to know on the day of the wedding?  As the coordinator, I am the "go to" gal.  That way the families, bridal party, and vendors all have only one contact to direct any questions to or inform of any changes.  It's much less frustrating for everyone!




4.  We are calm under pressure
You know when you're really wound up about something and then you talk to someone who just calms you right down?  That's the role I try to play at every wedding.  I have everything as organized as possible ahead of time, and when, inevitably, something unexpected comes up, I take care of it before anyone knows something was amiss. With the assurance that any bumps in the road that come up will be  smoothed out, you can have a totally fun and relaxed day!  :)

5. We're experts!
Most brides wouldn't sew their own wedding dress (and if you would, I have the UTMOST RESPECT FOR YOU--WOW!) so why not let the experts ensure your day runs smoothly and on time.  You'll be able to look back on your day and remember the feeling of walking down the aisle to your soon-to-be husband, how loved you felt as your friends and family toasted to your happiness, and how much fun you had out on the dance floor--rather than having been worried that the DJ was too loud, that dinner started 20 minutes late, and that there weren't enough chairs at one of the tables.  This is a once-in-a-lifetime event and you want to make sure you are taking it all in.

I hope this helps!  I hear a lot of people say that they don't want to get a planner because they are excited about doing the planning themselves.  I promise, we're not here to take away the opportunity to design your day--just to help facilitate you realizing that design!

Let me know if you need assistance with your wedding!  I'd love to talk with you about how Five Grain Events can help you create the day of your dreams.




Why I do what I doSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

  1. Another great couple posts on a similar subject: http://antoniachristiansonevents.blogspot.com/ The "your mom is not a..." series. SO TRUE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails