Monday, April 5, 2010

Cool people I met this week. Volume II

Last week was a big week for meeting with great vendors...and here they are!

1) Rob Warner of Rob Warner Foto:  Recommended by Kelly from Fleur, Rob is definitely the kind of guy you want to have around at your wedding.  Not only is he a fantastic photographer, he just exudes calm... restfulness... he's completely chill.  Rob has a lot of experience in the photography field and has a portfolio that extends beyond just weddings to kids, corporate, and FOOD...yum!  It has clearly positively affected his technique to have such an extensive background.  Check out a glimpse of his beautiful work here:



2) Another Kelly recommendation was Amanda of Amanda Hein Photography.  I met with Amanda last week in her west loop studio.  She and I ended up talking for over an hour about business, life, and her photography philosophy.  Amanda believes in capturing moments rather than cataloguing a timeline of the day, and she has definitely perfected the art.  In the short time I had to get to know her she immediately came across as a very genuine and great person!  Any bride and groom (and their family!) would be lucky to share their wedding experience with Amanda.  




3) and 4) During the time I spent with Amanda last week, I happened to mention a few of the other vendors I had on my list to meet.  When I told her I'd be driving out to Downers Grove to meet with Nicole from Fleur Couture and Lynda from Greenstar Creative she said that they'd all been friends for quite a while!  It's been amazing to find all the connections between these great folks I'm meeting!  I drove out on the rainy Saturday morning to meet with Lynda and Nicole and I swear we spent half the time laughing :)  Nicole has been doing floral design for several years and just started advertising this year when she aquired her adorable shop on Main Street in Downers Grove.  

Fleur Couture focuses on event design and also does linen rentals, candy buffets, and place card setups.  They are a one-stop-shop for everything related to event decor, and also have a great relationship with Greenstar Creative who sells paper goods in the shop!  Lynda started out in corporate design but realized eventually that she was ready to do something more creative.  Thus, Greenstar was born and now she creates custom wedding and event invitations and other paper goods.  See some beautiful Fleur Couture florals and stunning paper products below:








Well, that's it for this week's installment... I've got more lined up so I can't wait to share more with you!  


Cool people I met this week. Volume IISocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails