Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cool People I Met This Week. Volume IX

As I'm writing this post, I'm getting photographed by the illustrious Jessie Stevens for her blog series called "profiles" where she takes photos of small business people in their work spaces.  She keeps telling me to look happy...luckily I woke up on the right side of the bed today :)

But onto the task at hand.  Cool people I met this week.  Ok, second confession of the week...I actually met these folks a couple weeks ago.  But better late than never, right?  Alright, no more blabbing!!  I have to keep looking happy (I'll link to the post when she finishes it and you can tell me if I looked happy enough, haha :)

1) Stitely Entertainment.  I met Jeff in his Evantston office and chatted with him about all Stitely Entertainment has to offer.  I happen to have personal experience with one of the Stitely bands, Chicago Groove Collective.  In addition to event coordination I also moonlight as a singer and a group I was with briefly had the opportunity to sing with CGC.  Let me tell you, they are ridiculously fantastic!!  Jeff showed me videos of all the other bands which proved they're equally fabulous.   One thing I think is really cool is that when a couple comes to Stitely to choose a wedding band they discuss the couple what the feel for the wedding is, and direct them to a band that best meshes with that vision.  A new addition to the Stitely group is their team of DJs which Jeff assures me are of the non-cheesy variety (my favorite!).  Check out Stitely for all your entertainment needs :)

2) and 3) I actually got to meet both Ray Pryor of Emotia and Lillian Toma of Starlight Makeup in one fell swoop because they're a married couple!  It was a lovely afternoon spent having lunch and exchanging commentary on the wedding industry.

Lillian has been involved in the beauty world for years and found makeup to be her passion.  She's easy to get along with--and has a secret to keeping her brides calm on wedding day (hope she doesn't mind me sharing!):  she puts lavender oil on her wrists.  As she's painting your face she's also helping you relax and enjoy the moment.  I think that's a huge plus!  Lillian and I are in agreement that when selecting your "wedding team", it's important to choose vendors you're excited to spend your day with. Of course the end product is crucial, too, so check out some of her beautiful work below and see her website for more info. if you're in need of airbrush makeup.



I'll move on to Ray who is just as likeable as Lillian (and by the way they're proud parents of 2 kids--don't know how they do it all!).  Ray is owner of Emotia, a company that offers both photography and videography services.  Believe it or not, he only began as a photographer several years ago, and it was Lillian who got him into it.  After realizing that he was having more success photographing his wife's work than some of the professional photographers, he jumped at the chance to learn the ropes on a wedding Starlight had been hired for.  There was no turning back.  :)  Although he does both photo and video, what I want to showcase here--and what he was most excited to present to me when we met--are some of the innovative ways he is setting himself apart as a videographer.  He's started to offer a same-day-edit where video taken of the couples during the earlier part of the day is actually shown AT the reception.  Clearly this clip below will do a much better job of explaining, or you can see more of these at his website.

Kristi & Tony - A Same Day Edit by Emotia from Emotia on Vimeo.

  'till next time, FGE blog readers!  :)  Still a bit behind but will be attempting to get caught up very soon!

Cool People I Met This Week. Volume IXSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails